What's new with fmhl.org?
Welcome to the new Findlay Men's Hockey League website! We've made a lot of changes to the website for this coming season in an attempt to make it more accessible and easier for you to use. Here's a brief rundown of the changes:
- The new website is built using responsive design technology, meaning that the entire site is readable on any device all the way from a large screen on a desktop computer to the small screen of your smart phone.
- Rosters, schedule, standings, stats, etc. are now separated by league and are grouped together accordingly.
- Scoresheets will now be completed electronically, meaning that the results, standings, and stats will be updated shortly after each game is completed.1
- Open sub spots within each league will be posted on the respective league pages. This is the best way to find open sub spots. Additionally, you will be receiving an automated email once a week with a list of open sub spots. If you would like to fill one of these spots, please contact Mike Yeo.2
- As a rostered player, you will automatically be added to the sub email list for the league in which you are rostered. If you would like to be removed from this list, please contact Mike Yeo.
- If you would like to only be a sub during the upcoming season (without rostering), you must fill out a FMHL electronic registration form.3 On your form, you must provide your current USA Hockey Number, select the league in which you want to sub, and select "Sub Only" for the season. No payment will be required when you register to sub, but each game will cost $20 for non-rostered players.
- You will receive personalized emails once a week with a list of the upcoming games in which you're signed up to play. If you will not be able to make one or more of your games, it is your responsibility to contact Mike Yeo as soon as possible so that he can find a sub for you.
- If you are an official (referee or scorekeeper), the official's schedule is now posted on the Officials page.
- Historical stats are posted, but they aren't complete. Scoring stats only go back as far as the fall of 2013. Our goal is to continue adding historical stats over time, but be patient because it's going be a slow process.
Once you've had a chance to explore the new website, we'd love to hear your feedback. Feel free to contact us using the link below with your constructive feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the site to make it more informative and user-friendly.
1 Instant stat updates are dependent upon technological cooperation at the Cube.
2 Requesting to sub doesn't guarantee you'll get to sub. As a rule of thumb, players in B league are not permitted to sub in C league, but a few exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the league. The sub postings are fairly accurate, but may not always be completely up to date. Spots which have already been claimed may show up on the website from time to time. If you're not sure whether the posting is current, contact Mike Yeo.
3 The FMHL registration form can be found on the Get Involved page.